Wednesday, November 02, 2005

 

Bengbu pictures 6


As you can see here, on our last day in Bengbu, just before we left for the train station, YongMing, Steven, and I went looking around at air conditioners. We got lots of info on the size and cost, and have not yet collated this information. This is for future fundraisers for airconditioners for the Bengbu orphanage.
Here's some photos


Check out THIS cutie! One of the things my wife wanted me to do was to take some pictures of how the natives fix up their daughter's hair. Check out the braided pigtails and the different parts on this girl we happen to pass on the street! Cute!



Check out this funny shot on the train back from Bengbu to Shanghai. I would have loved to get more pictures, but we were packed in like sardines, and people were giving me stares as it was. If I were to have pulled out my camera and if someone would have objected, there would have been no way to escape!

Anyway, on the long 8 hour trip, the kids on board were SUPER tolerant of the cramped conditions. At one point, this understandably cranky boy just couldn't take the "sittin' still". To break up the monotony, this grampa got up and set the boy up on the overhead storage rack, much to the giggling amusement of the boy, and much to the worry of the parents and everyone else around. It provided for a moment of levity, and thus it was a good opportunity to break out the camera and take a picture. However, the flash caused by the camera caused a huge consternation throughout the cabin, as everyone turned to look at the cause of the flash. I quickly sat down, and was waiting for someone to come along and toss me out of the train. I never took my camera out again during the trip!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?