Wednesday, November 09, 2005

 

Epilogue - When can I go again ?!

The trip is still to fresh in my past to reflect properly. I know it will take time before it all really sinks in.

There is no doubt that this trip was deeply meaningful for me and had great impact, as I hoped it would be. I suppose one of the things that really impressed me was the incredible amount of effort and heart put into this mission trip by my Chinese team-mates. I would have been grateful for their help with translation and getting around town alone. But each one of the people I met gave 100% of their heart and soul, to our cause. It was deeply touching and inspirational. My dedication is redoubled because of their assistance. I am deeply in their debt.

I know the meaning of this trip will no doubt change for me over time, but it is my sincere hope that this is only the beginning of new opportunities for me in helping children in orphanages.

I don't see how it can be the end for me, as my work with orphanages and children is a part of who I am. Our two daughters have shown me my purpose in life.

I will continue to do whatever I can. If anyone is reading this, and thinks they could use my help, please email me (I provided my contact information on the blog), I'll do whatever I can.

I'm still collating my pictures and the video I've taken. If anyone would be interested in seeing some video of my experience, please let me know (although it may take a while from the time of this post to get it all edited, I am still getting caught up with my daily life!)

Also, let me follow up on the needs as they stand for the places I visited:

Bengbu:
-150 children's (primary school) beds (we have already provided 12)
-50 cribs
-5 large A.C. units (which will also be used for heating) for common room areas
-15 individual room sized units (which will also be used for heating) for individual rooms
-There is need for highly specialized pediatric medical equipment needed for the new orphanage hospital


Please email me, or actually give me a call (I'd love to chat) (please email me for my phone number), and I can provide all the details, and give you a better feel of my experience. I know that actually talking to someone gives one a better feel for what can be done to help. If you are unable to provide for these items, please pass this note along (the internet is an INDISPENSABLE tool), to someone who might be able to help.

Lanzhou SWI:
- There are special needs surgeries that may be needed (I'm still awaiting feedback from the orphanage)
- Refrigerator
- A few small washers, or one large washer
- Airconditioning units
- books for the library

DingXi Mr. Chen's family:
- continued financial support for childcare for the family and living expenses which include clothing, heating, food, diapers.
- For those who are interested, we would like to work together to find a good long term solution for the Chen family, which might include the building of a new home for the Chen family, or moving to a new home.

Please contact me, or Packages of Hope to find out how you can help!

Siping SWI:
- A new playground
- Books for the children
- Financial support for Hannah's ASCCAC. Please contact me for details. As I mentioned in my posts, this center is receiving a great deal of positive attention due to the incredible success stories in childcare. This childcare is western-based, and does cost more to operate than traditional methods. However, the payoffs are being seen in the health and happiness of the children, especially those special needs children preparing for, or recovering from, critical life-saving surgeries. Hannah has great plans for her center, but it hinges on our support. To accomodate our needs, she is actively looking for a member of her staff with English language skill, so that they can readily communicate with English speaking people (in particular, charity groups wanting to come to China to help). This will come as added cost.

Again, please email me for details, or contact A Mother's Love (www.amotherslove.net), to find out more details on how you can help.

I wrote the following post to the Bengbu family yahoo egroup:

As I sat and watched TV, I saw the commercials that already show snowflakes and blare out the jingle of sleigh bells, indicated the start of the Holiday season, and the clever ploys to relieve families of their hard-earned money.

Big screen TVs... hi-tech razors...video games...

I smile.

I won't be getting any of those this year. I don't need them.

This Christmas will be low key for our family. This trip has indeed been a financial drain for us. But do not take pity on us. We will have fewer presents under the tree this year, but this year by far will be one of the best Holidays ever.

I am thankful for family.

I am thankful for a nice bed.

I am thankful for my health.

I am thankful for my children who I can kiss each night as they go to sleep.

Thanks to all of you, to all the heroes, for giving my life true meaning.


Comments:
Are you a Industrial Belt Sander enthusiast? If so here is a fantastic resource for everything related to things that need batteries and Industrial Belt Sander with information, products, articles and more..Check it out here...dampex.com
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?